Saturday, December 07, 2013

My Muse

Batch Dec 7th 205    Batch Dec 7th 237
Where is the footpath? This is the first time this has happened in the 23 years we have lived here.
The muse left me nearly 6 months ago when my husband had to have two major operations. Things are gradually getting back to normal but my poor Muse thinks I don’t need him any more. If you see him somewhere can you tell him I miss him so much. I’m doing my best to get back to normal. How am I doing this? Some of my friends will have noticed that I spend quite a lot of time on Pinterest, my excuse is that I’m trying to find my muse. I have also joined some on-line classes in the hope that my creativity will return, but as yet I haven’t been able to get down to anything.
One class I am taking part in is Dijanne Cevaal’s Traveller’s Blanket. The ideas for this are circulating in my head, but as yet nothing has been put into practice.
Organizing is another thing on my mind just now and not just my creative space but every room! I’ve bought a book on organization called Conscious Order by Annie Rohrbach. after seeing an interview here
Reawaken Your Brilliance
with host Julie Seibert Coraccio   This interview took place about 5 months ago.
Batch Dec 7th 272
Don’t look too closely at the work here because it is messy, but at least it’s something. I need tablemats desperately, but as I’m usually a bit of a perfectionist things don’t get done, so I decided to do it in ‘fast and furious’ mode and I now have 2 tablemats with 4 more in the pipeline.
Batch Dec 7th 273
I have also started to make one 5 minute sketch a day in my sketchbook.
I’ve just downloaded nearly 300 images from my camera as I’d taken the odd photo but never bothered to get them onto my laptop and I would like to post some of them in the next few days I hope.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have you back. I am rather muse less too but it does come back. Looking forward to more photos. Hope your husband is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night on our TV news we saw awful photos of flooding in your part of the world. I immediately thought of you ( being the only person I know of that lives in North Wales ). Such devastation. Stay safe. I hope there is not too much cleaning up you have to do. Hugs from Ali.
    PS. My mojo is a bit the same - on short term leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the placemats Mags. I'm pleased to hear things are getting to be a bit more normal. I'm sure your muse won't be too far away. It's just having a bit of a rest and will be back to strength soon just ike you. Wow, that was some rough weather on Thursday! Quite a contrast with the summer photo lower down this blog page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back in the creative world! I look forward to seeing more amazing marvels, once your mojo comes back.

    Organising is an ongoing problem for most of us, I think. I am trying to de-clutter my workroom - it's an ongoing business. I started out trying to make decisions about keeping and tossing but that was too hard! I've decided the best thing is to start picking things up and putting them into (labelled) boxes, unless I know I will be using them shortly. That should mean the things that are left are the things I'm currently using. Then I can make proper homes for those things and then start reviewing what's in the boxes. I'm also working on the principles of, "start at the door and go left" and "touch it now, deal with it now". Seems to be working....

    ReplyDelete

  5. Really is a good contain what I looking for, its helping me a lot, thanks for sharing, got you by Google search, Your page ranking good by Google & Alexa, Carry on with good works

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear from you again and I do hope your husband is making progress. I know that horrid feeling of 'nothing coming through' but you seem to be doing all the right things to get your muse back again. It won't be hurried so just enjoy yourself and one day something will get your creativity back. It's probably never really left you, but other more urgent things have demanded your attention and it has been overwhelmed by them. Take care of yourself too and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos. Poor footpath - that's a bit worrying isn't it, but I daresay it's happening in other parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back Mags!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your new work. I'm sure your muse will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you on your blog again Margaret! I hope your husband is making good progress. It sounds as if you need a good inspirational holiday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you on your blog again Margaret! Hope your husband is making good progress. It sounds as if you need a good inspirational holiday soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few hours ago I came across a blog post about just this topic - have a look at http://thealteredpage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/7-ways-to-stop-artist-block.html and try one of the seven suggestions ... you never know ...! The muse is lured by the mere fact that the hands are busy making something, I find. Little and often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. I do try to answer all comments, but if I can't for some reason, I do appreciate them very much. Diolch yn fawr.